Chicago winter cyclists, Rapid Transit's annual Winter Tune-Up special is here again!
- Full adjustment of braking system, including pads, levers, cable & housing replacement & lubrication.
- Full adjustment of shifting system, including derailleurs, levers, cable & housing replacement & lubrication.
- External adjustment of both hubs.
- Spot-truing of both wheels as needed to ensure good braking.
- External adjustment of headset.
- External adjustment of bottom bracket.
- Full check of parts and accessories to ensure safety.
- Chain lubrication.
- Tires inflated to correct pressure.
- Free installation on additional accessories purchased from us.
- Complete wheel dishing & truing. (We will also include inner tube replacement, if needed.)
- Complete drivetrain cleaning or replacement (as needed). There is a lot of variation here, depending on the needs of each individual bike & rider, so please call for details, or better yet, bring you bike in and discuss the repair with the mechanic. Labor assessments and estimates are always free.
What makes the Winter Tune-Up wintry, is the ongoing maintenance we include in this service for the entire cold riding season, specifically until March 31, 2008. After you have purchased your Winter Tune-Up you are entitled to
- Full bike wash and lube, as often as you wish (normally, $35 each time!)
- Adjustments and tuning whenever needed
- Free labor on fixing flats
- Free installation of parts and accessories purchased at Rapid Transit.
All our offerings include these wholesome ingredients: thorough evaluation, professional expertise of a mechanic who is also a rider, a burning desire to make your bike work well for you, a test ride to make sure what has been promised is delivered.
You can purchase the Winter Tune-Up for your fixed gear bike for $100, or for $150 for your multi-speed bike.